Let it be known that Abridged Pegasus is officially straight (!!!), and that the Millennium Gaydar was actually pointing at his right-hand man, Croquet.
I know, it's shocking.
The duel between Yugi and Pegasus commences, but they're not the only ones getting themselves into a bit of action.
- Bakura's line when he threatens Pegasus's guards is a direct quote from the 4Kids version.
- Bakura's rant about "Who names their kid Florence? Idiots, that's who!" echoes LittleKuriboh's Kaiba cosplay rant against YouTube.
- The "Little Kuriboh impostors" reference the fact that years ago, impostor versions of as-yet-unreleased Abridged Series episodes were annoyingly hard to avoid, using names like TeamFourSlar.
- The episode title is a reference to the lyrics from Total Eclipse of the Heart, a song by Bonnie Tyler. Also, a song called Bright Eyes is featured in this episode.
- Joey's line when Yugi "dies" is a paraphrase of Obi-Wan's line from Star Wars when Darth Vader destroys Alderaan with the Death Star.
- Bakura's 'what the deuce' line is Family Guy character Stewie Griffin's catchphrase.
- The 8-bit music in the opening is one of Capcom's logo start up music.
- Spider-Man is also referenced several times in this episode, once when Yami Bakura uses a spell on the guards, when Tristan is running with Mokuba he is singing the theme from the 1960's cartoon which is played again near the end of the episode.
- When Tristan asks Yugi to bring him something to eat "maybe some french fried potatoes," he is referring to the film Sling Blade.