"Stepbrother's Sin" is the fifty-fifth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series and the ninth episode of the third season.
The Passion Of The Kaiba.
Kirbopher as Noah
Antfish as Gozaburo
- Noah gets mocked for his youthful appearance not only by Kaiba, but the Pharaoh as well.
- Noan has Mokuba unnerve Kaiba by saying he likes less popular sequel anime to the original Yu-Gi-Oh!.
- Yugi's advice to Kaiba is not sucking at the game, which he normally does.
- The title of the episode is a reference to a hentai OVA called Stepmother's Sin.
- The cards at the beginning include:
- The Blue-Eyes White Dragon train scenes are played out as a parody of Thomas the Tank Engine, complete with the same narration style used by Ringo Starr. The theme from the show is also heard at the end.
- Kaiba asks if Noah had fun playing with the The Flintstones phone.
- "Yabba-dabba-duel" is a second Flintstones reference, being a play on Fred Flintstone's catchphrase "Yabba-dabba-do!"
- "It's a small world compared to my ego" is a reference to the "It's a Small World" ride.
- Kaiba calls Noah "the munchkin" and asks him how one becomes a member of the Lollipop Guild. In the 1939 motion picture adaptation of the Wizard of Oz, a number of munchkins have formed a lollipop guild.
- Michael Andrews's cover of "Mad World" plays during Noah's backstory.
- Joey refers to Richie Rich, a comic book character whose most well-known characteristic is his comically huge wealth.
- Kaiba tells two Why did the chicken cross the road? jokes.
- Noah points out the biblical reference in his having an ark.
- Kaiba questioning the appropriateness of a biblical reference in a kids' show alludes to the recent banning of the Bible in public schools.
- Yugi's words of encouragement to the Pharaoh are a reference to the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
- "And my axe!" is a clip from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. The accompanying clip art is of the character who speaks the line, Gimli.
- The line "How dare you treat my friends so shamefully!" is from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- The credit clip is from the animated series Adventure Time.
- The gang chanting Mecha Shiva is a reference to The Venture Bros.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.