The twist ending is that, unlike Saw, this is somewhat coherent and not as disappointing.
Yami is missing! It's up to you, taking on the role of his brother Luigi, to find him! Travel to four thrilling locations and solve tedious trivia questions to help rescue him from the evil clutches of Bowser! Purchase this thrilling time-waster today! Entertainment not included. Dinsdale...?
- The "Graceful Charity/Graceful Dice" bit is a reference to a mix-up in the previous installment. The guy being bullied for his mistake sounds close to LittleKuriboh's normal voice.
- The "+1 dead puppies" is a reference to Yugi's "Whenever Kaiba smiles, a puppy dies" line from "Jagshamesh!".
- The lines about the dark energy discs are references to 4Kids' censoring of this scene. In the Japanese version, the saws are real and would have cut off the legs of the duelists. However, in the English dub, they were edited as dark energy discs that would merely send a soul to the Shadow Realm.
- Arkana's quote about the old saying amongst "high rollers and card sharks" is a direct quote from the dub.
- The Saw film franchise is referenced multiple times, starting with the episode title.
- The episode description is a reference to the Super Nintendo game "Mario is Missing!".
- The "According to Wikipedia, we don't exist" line is a reference to the fact that Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series used to have a Wikipedia page, but it was deleted for failing the notability requirements.
- Spiny Norman, the giant hedgehog, is a character from Monty Python's Flying Circus, who growls "Dinsdale" as it appears from behind various London landmarks.
- The "Phresh Pharaoh of Bel-Air" opening is part of a full-length video in which LittleKuriboh sings a Yu-Gi-Oh variation of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme in Yami's voice. 
- Yugi and Marik's dialog after Arkana collapses is taken directly from the infamous conversation between Ricther Belmont and Count Dracula in the intro of the game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- Yami makes references to spoilers from Harry Potter, The Others and Citizen Kane.
- Among Marik's mentioned "army of celebrity Steves" are "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Steve Gutenberg, Steve Jobs, and Steve Buscemi.
- Marik's Tattoo saying "die Yugi, die", with the caption stating that it is German for "the Yugi, the", is a direct reference to the Simpsons episode Cape Feare.
- The Stinger is from a Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" episode.