She Blinded Me With Card Games is the twenty-seventh episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series and the fifth episode of Season 2.
Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!
Joey's estranged sister, Serenity, is finally going to have her eye operation. Unbeknownst to her, however, Joey has spent the money for the operation on children's trading cards.
- HeavyDDR is a poster on the Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series forums who was somewhat infamous for his sarcastic attutude towards YTAS fans. He became a sub-moderator in late 2007, which caused some controversy. He was later banned in 2008 for pretending to be a victim of Hurricane Ike.
- The picture of Yami in a tutu is a reference to Episode 14, where Yami stated that he looked "damn good" in a tutu.
- This is the first episode to make fun of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and card games on motorcycles.
- A small running gag in this episode involved people (Tristan, Serenity, and Yugi specifically) calling Joey a "selfish bastard" for neglecting Serenity.
- The title is a reference to Thomas Dolby's song She Blinded Me with Science.
- Joey is shown the music video of Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up, a prank known as Rickrolling.
- Tristan tells Joey to be careful how angry he gets otherwise he'll turn into "The Incredible Hulk", a Marvel comic book character. Téa then says "No, that's Bruce Banner." Bruce Banner is the civilian identity of the Incredible Hulk.
- Tristan sings the Speed Racer theme music while looking for Joey.
- When Joey is given the free duel disk, he reacts as Link from "The Legend of Zelda" series would when he finds an important item such as a weapon or map. He even sings the music played when Link opens the chest, and Yugi says "Hey, looks like Joey obtained a Duel Disk", a similar phrase to the text shown when Link finds an item.
- The first stinger comes from the 1989 film The Wizard.
- Doctor Octogonapus comes from the Lazer Collection by DFEAR Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.