"Lord of the Cards" is the fourth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.
Our heroes arrive at the island, but soon discover that they are not alone when someone is found to be missing from the flight manifest.
The boat to Duelist Kingdom arrives, where Joey compares the island to the setting of the movie "Lord of the Flies", although Tristan argues it is more like "The Lord of the Rings". Yugi then recalls Weevil Underwood throwing most of his cards into the ocean and remembers when Joey threw his Millennium Puzzle piece into a river. Kemo then has all the contestants walk to Pegasus' castle, but soon Téa mysteriously sees Bakura again. Pegasus then explains the rules of the tournament, which he guarantees is not a plot he devised to steal Yugi's Millennium Puzzle.
Soon, the group encounters Weevil again, where he has lured them to a Dueling Arena. Yugi then transforms into Yami Yugi and prepares to duel Weevil. Weevil counters Yugi's sexy transformation, changing into the "Great Cornholio", and the two start dueling. Mai Valentine soon shows up and says that Yugi doesn't have a chance of winning, much to Téa's anger. However, Yugi defeats Weevil and takes his Star Chips, kicking Weevil out of the tournament.
- Yugi's transformation was referenced in the first episode of Naruto The Abridged Series when Naruto transforms into a confused Yami. Iruka then yells at Naruto for stealing LittleKuriboh's joke and "fan copyright infringement".
- The episode title, judging by Joey's remarks, refers to Lord of the Flies. Tristan confuses it with The Lord of the Rings.
- Yugi angrily flashing back to Joey throwing away a piece of his Millennium Puzzle while the Ironside theme plays is a reference to Kill Bill Vol. 1, where this theme plays while the Bride has similar angry flashbacks.
- "My limey senses are tingling!" is a spoof of Spider-Man's "My Spidey sense is tingling" catchphrase.
- The opening title sequence with Rex and Weevil is a reference to the show Beavis and Butt-head and uses the audio from that show's opener.
- Weevil's "transformation" into The Great Cornholio is a reference to an alter-ego that Beavis (of Beavis and Butt-head) would assume after consuming a large quantity of sugar and/or caffeine.
- The popular ABC show Lost is referenced in the description.
- During the duel with Weevil, Yami Yugi calls the Polymerization card "deus ex machina", as a reference to the plot device deus ex machina and how he seemingly pulled a solution out during Weevil's turn.
- When Yami uses his Summoned Skull to attack Weevil's Great Moth, he calls the Insect-type monster a cheap imitation of Mothra.
- The stinger uses audio from Snakes on a Plane.