Jagshamesh! is the nineteenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.
Pegasus is greeted by an evil villain and Yugi receives a visit from a crazy Egyptian.
- Shadi's quote explaining the Shadow Games is a direct quote from the introduction used in the first few episodes of the dub.
- The voice, manierisms and racist behavior of Shadi are based on those of the famous Sacha Baron Cohen character Borat.
- The episode title comes from his catchphrase "Jagshemash!" (from Polish jak się masz, "How are you?"), but is given as "Jagshamesh".
- The lines of dialouge between Pegasus and Bakura in which Bakura mentions killing Pegasus last, only to reveal that he lied, was taken from Mark L. Lester's action film Commando.
- Croquet says "you each have five minutes to get off this island before we release the hounds", a reference to Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.
- Yami Bakura's "Cards? Where we're going, we don't need cards" line is a reference to the ending lines of Back to the Future Part 1.
- Yami Yugi references the film Labyrinth and one of the film's most famous songs 'Magic Dance' plays when Shadi is exploring the Labyrinth. The song is played again at the end of the episode.
- Yugi's line "You are not a gun, you are who you chose to be. Now choose" is a reference to the film The Iron Giant.
- Kaiba's line about starting his own tournament is a reference to Bender's line from Futurama.
- "The artist formerly known as..." is a reference to the musician Prince.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.