Gozaburo Kaiba is the former CEO of the Kaiba Corporation and the adoptive father of Seto and Mokuba. Despite his position and well-mannered behavior, he acts immature for his age and is prone to fits of rage, including one which cost the ear of one of his employees. He makes his debut in episode 48 where he visits the orphanage Seto and Mokuba lived as kids in order built Kaiba Land over it. He is later challenged by Seto into a game of chess upon threatening to call him a chicken. Gozaburo ends up losing the match, to which he calls the game stupid.
Now having Seto and Mokuba as his new step-sons, he makes every attempt at turning Seto as cold-hearted as himself, mostly to make him the new vessel for Noah's virtual form. He also rejects Seto's initial designs for the duel disk system in favor of making weapons of mass destruction. He would lose his company to Seto after Hobson gives his share to him. He also seems to have forgot that Noah is his biological son, immediately dismissing him as a new man servant he ordered when they are seen with each over. This is further shown in Episode 56, where he not only continues to dismiss Noah as his biological son, but seems to consider Seto his biological son, though strangely, he yells at Noah previously in the same episode for not sending him a Father's Day card for the past seven years.
He is voiced by Antfish, creator of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Abridged.
- Gozaburo seems to be suffering from some kind of degenerative mental illness.
- He can play chess and Duel Monsters, but cant remember much of the proper terms from the former; he calls the knight piece a horsey.
- He forgets who Noah is despite blatantly obvious reminders.
- His GREATEST moment of stupidity is not knowing what "baffoon" means when Seto calls him one; even a child knows its an insult.
- Why he never makes his presence known until Noah completely fails is never addressed in this abridged series.