Oh, the humanity.
- The episode title is a reference to the Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".
- The introduction is a spoof of EA Sports, whose motto is "It's in the game!"
- The cards shown are:
- Odion is a fan of the Gummi Bears.
- Gruber and Hans, Keiba's German guards, get their names from the German antagonist of Die Hard.
- Gruber and Hans are also parodies of Nazis. They refer to Kaiba as the Führer, the title for Adolph Hitler; say "HEIL KAIBA" as a form of praise towards Kaiba; mention the master race; and change the KaibaCorp logo to resemble the Nazi flag.
- Hans and Gruber's dialogue regarding Kaiba's Utopian society is a reference to the situation of Satellite and New Domino City in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's.
- Yugi's line about Marik being able to "grate cheese on [his] abs" is a reference to the same quote from the Simpsons episode "King of the Hill".
- Tristan says his imaginary friends are Zack and Cody, stars of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
- The theme music from Super Mario Bros. 3 is heard in the background when the blimp arrives.
- While the blimp is flying, the Thunderbirds theme is playing in the background.
- The music playing during the party is "Conga" by the Miami Sound Machine.
- Kaiba's edited card puts Panther Warrior in the same position as Ceilingcat.
- The sound Yami Bakura makes while chewing his steak is similar to the sounds Cookie Monster makes while he eats.
- The song played during Yugi's transformation is the theme song from 80s animated TV show Jem.
- During the credits, Yami Marik watches "Charlie bit my finger", one of the most viewed YouTube videos of all time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.