Busted Rhymes is the thirteenth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.
Y'know, the Grinch never actually stole Christmas. Did anyone ever think to point that out to Dr. Seuss?
Bakura gets a bloody good idea on how to rescue everyone! Whodathunk it?
Yugi Muto and his friends are trying to get out of a cave but they are stuck inside it. Ryo Bakura then gets an idea to use his Millennium Ring's gaydar to find a way to get out of the cave. Eventually, they get to a dueling arena and are confronted by the Paradox Brothers, who are accused of being the gay people by Bakura and Joey Wheeler.
Seto Kaiba is then shown in a forest walking towards Maximillion Pegasus' castle to rescue his little brother Mokuba Kaiba and remembers one time when he and Mokuba were little. He is then attacked by Kemo but Kaiba is able to stop the attack. Back at the arena, the Paradox Brothers challenge Yugi and Joey to a tag-team duel, where Yugi transforms into Yami Yugi and they start the duel. Yami summons his Beaver Warrior, but it gets destroyed by Wall Shadow, and Joey tells Yami to not leave his beaver exposed again.
Meanwhile, Kaiba has Kemo get inside Pegasus' castle. At the dueling arena, everyone seems to have started rhyming like the Paradox Brothers. Afterwards, Yami and Joey are able to win by switching the places of Dark Magician and Red Eyes Black Dragon with a ridiculously situational card and they attack the Brothers' Gate Guardian. Meanwhile, Kaiba is able to escape a trap Kemo set off and finds Mokuba's cell where they are confronted by Pegasus, who seals Mokuba's soul within a card and makes him a monster card with no ATK or DEF points and threatens to release it unless Kaiba beats Yugi in a card game.
- The episode title is a reference to Busta Rhymes, a rap artist from Brooklyn.
- The disclaimer at the beginning parodies Dragnet and many other police procedurals.
- When the Paradox Brothers appear and during the title scene, the song Y.M.C.A. plays.
- "Kaiba Babies" is a parody of the Muppet Babies show.
- When Dark Magician goes into the Mystic Box, the Magical Trevor song from TheWeebl's Magical Trevor flash animation plays.
- The line "make it so, number one" is a catchphrase of Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- The line "your Princess is in another castle" comes from the Super Mario Bros. game.
- The last scene includes the victory theme from Final Fantasy VI.